It is that time of year again when we are getting ready for the 2016 TriFury Awards Banquet on November 13th, at the Atkinson Country Club, from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.** See below for Ticket information. We need your help in selecting those members who are worthy of receiving an award, in a club so large as TriFury, it would be easy to miss a member who should be recognized. See below the different categories, and nominate other members, including yourself (I am the only person, who will see your e-mail), there can be multiple nominees and winners for each category. The TriFury board of directors will make the final choices. Please send your nominations to me at firstname.lastname@example.org do not reply to all.
Paul Sedgwick TriFury President.
1. Youth Awards: Any TriFury Youth member who has participated in any multisport event
2. TriFury Spirit:
3. Mentor of the year:
4. Rookie of the year: First year in Triathlon
5. Breakthrough of the year: members who have been around for a while, but have had a great year, above and beyond their expectations
6. Comeback: Any member who was injured and came back to compete again.
7. Short Course: Performance based award on races from Sprint to Olympic distances
8. Long Course: Performance based award on races from Half-Ironman to Ironman distance
9. Ironman: Any member who started an Ironman distance race
10. Crash: Any member who experienced a crash while training or racing
12. Most active on the injured list: Those members who were hurt/injured during the year, but continued to participate.
13. Most selected races:
14. Most improved:
15. Volunteers of the year:
16. USA Nationals: Any member who competed at the USA nationals in 2016
17. Team USA: Any member who qualified and/or competed in the World Championship
18. Johan Mackenzie Memorial #1 fan award: A family member, spouse, partner, friend who supported a TriFury member in 2016, final decision is made by Pamela Beckwith
19. Selected race series, 3 race level: Any member who competed or volunteered in a total of three races, Randy Leach tracks the participants throughout the year
20.. Selected race series, 6 race level: Any member who competed or volunteered in a total of six races, Randy Leach tracks the participants throughout the year